Castor Oil Coconut Revitalizing Hair Mask
The Castor Coconut Oil hair mask is ideal if you’re shedding or if you’re trying to grow stronger and fuller hair. It also works great if you have bald spots or some areas where only baby hairs grow.
Castor Oil is ideal to strengthen hair, enhance hair growth and repair split ends. The Coconut Oil, on the other hand, is great for detangling your hair, adding shine to it, taming frizz and protecting your hair against the sun. Coconut Oil’s antibacterial and anti-fungal properties will also help you keep your scalp healthy.
You may substitute Coconut Oil with olive oil. Olive oil has also beneficial properties, as it will definitely add shine to your hair, though Coconut Oil is definitely the better alternative as it provides a wider range of benefits.
It is best to apply the mask, while having dry hair, on the roots and the scalp only as Castor Oil can be tough to get out. Massage your scalp with the mixture for a few minutes. You want to keep the mask for a few hours at least, preferably under a shower cap (I like sleeping with it).
When ready to remove the mask, shampoo first on dry hair, then let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Only then you wash and condition your hair as you would regularly. Though you will feel the effects of the mask right away, you will see a vast improvement on your hair’s thickness and fullness only 3-4 months after applying it regularly.
This mask truly is a miracle maker!
- 6 Tablespoons of Castor Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 2 capsules of Vitamin E (optional)
- Mix the Castor Oil, the Coconut Oil or the Olive Oil and the optional Vitamin E capsules together.
- Heat for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Apply on the roots and massage your scalp with it.
- Tie your hair together and cover with shower cap for at least an hour (you may sleep with it).
- Wash off with your regular shampoo.