DIY Rose + Coconut Body Scrub
Few things smell better than roses and coconut, so why not combine some of our favorite products to create the ultimate Rose + Coconut Body Scrub?
It's great for exfoliating, and leaves your skin extremely soft and smooth, because nobody likes to be the ashyl!
Here’s one of our favorite DIY’s to get rid of dry skin.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium mason jar (or any jar with lid)
- ½ cup of Sky Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Sky Organics Rose Water Toner
- ½ cup Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Sky Organics Jojoba Oil or Sky Organics Sweet Almond Oil
- 3 fragrant roses optional
- In the bottom of the jar add coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoons of Rose Water.
- Pluck the petals of 2 roses and put it into the jar.
- Add your raw sugar. If you can’t find raw cane sugar, brown sugar is a great option! The coarser the better.
- Add jojoba oil on top of the sugar.
- Wait a minute for your oil to seep down to the flower petals and then top it off with a little more almond or jojoba oil.
- Add the petals of 1 more rose.
- Last but not least, put your lid on and let it sit so the oils can soak into the flower petals.
Ready to use it? Take a spoon and mash it all up! Sugar will break up the rose petals and they’ll continue to break up as you rub the scrub on your skin. The smell is AMAZING, and what better way of staring off your weekend? This scrub can have a shelf life of 1 year, but why would it ever take you so long to use this magical jar of heaven? Hope you try it and let us know how much you love it!
NOTE: all measurements are subject to the size of your jar. I broke it up into thirds– in other words, everything should be equal parts and each layer should take up 1/3 of the jar.