Homemade Aroma Therapy Shower Melts
The shower melts are a great a way of adding extra benefits to your shower. If you have a cold a mix of Eucalyptus and Peppermint Oil is ideal. If you usually shower in the morning, an energizing Orange and Lemon melt, and for night showers a Lavender melt will help you unwind.
I personally use a mini-muffin silicon mold because they’re the right size and they make it easy to remove the melts. Make sure you bake the melts until they’re dry and then store them in an airtight container, as humidity will ruin them.
Whenever you take a shower, just place a melt in the corner. The heat will make them melt and diffuse the aroma. They are not to be used in a bath though. For the bath, it’s much easier than that. Just pour a few drops of your favorite oil in the bath water.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30-50 minutes
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of baking soda
- Oven safe mold (mini-muffin silicon)
40-50 Drops of Essential Oil (Choose 1)
- Sky Organics Eucalyptus Oil or Peppermint Oil: Open up your airways & fight colds
- Sky Organics Lavender Oil: Relax
- Sky Organics Orange or Lemon Oil: Energize
- Mix the water with the baking soda and stir.
- Pour mixture into mold.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes until dry.
- Add the Essential Oil evenly on the melts.
- It’s ready.
- Tag us on your creation on social media. Enjoy!